A few days ago, Sheila Tajima (From Forensics to Fine Art) presented me with the Noblesse Oblige award. I am honored and flattered. Thank you, Sheila. I'm not much of a typer, but here's the scoop...
(1) Blog manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervade different cultures and beliefs.
(2) The blog contents inspire...striving to encourage and offer solutions.
(3) There is a clear purpose of the blog. One that features a better understanding on social, political, economic issues, and the arts, culture, sciences and beliefs.
(4) Blog is refreshing and creative
(5) Blog promotes friendship and positive thinking.
Bloggers who receive this award should....
(1) Create a post with mention and link to the blogger who presented the award to you.
(2) Display award conditions in the post.
( 3) Write some comments or a short story about what your blog has achieved..possibly citing an older post.
(4) The Noblesse Oblige award should be presented to bloggers in concurrence with the conditions.
(5) The award logo should be displayed somewhere on the blog.
Whew. OK. I'm completely fluent in Sanskrit, Koine and Aramaic, but my French is just passable. Noblesse Oblige is French for obligations of the noble...to display honorable, benevolent (if not somewhat aloof) to the "lesser" personages that might surround you, if you are on "noble" footing. Duh. I ain't noble and I don't consider anybody lesser. Only time I've ever seen the phrase was in William Faulkner's "A Poem to Emily" Anyway, in the spirit of award receptivity and the fact that the objectives of the award are pretty cool, I'm gonna pass this award to :
Now...for a few comments on what my blog may haved achieved:
You'll notice I don't really try to sell my art on James Parker Art. It's not that I don't need a few Shekels for what I do, but I am setting up another site to try to do that. I blog here to show off my work from time to time and to build up a reputation to some extent for the time I can rake in those big bucks. Yeah, right. :-) But that's not the real reason. I like to interact with folks. People that share the same interests to some degree, but everybody has "their story"...and that intrigues me. So I'm nosy...sue me.
I use James Parker Art as an extension of myself on the Internet...going to places, and meeting people that wouldn't otherwise be known to me without that technology. I use humor a lot. If I can help someone to smile or point the way to getting a little joy into their day, then that's worth more than a Van Gogh to me.
I've gotten some very thoughtful and meaningful comments over the past months (and some incredibly touching E-Mails). Those kind words mean much to me. I cherish my followers...but am so sad and regretful that the constraints of time in today's world prevent me from visiting more.
To sum it up, if I could claim any "achievement" of this blog it would be knowing that I had made even, just one positive difference in someone's life. Wow...that would be great. I DO CARE.
P.S.... Pokey and TacoBelle said they care, too!