Sunday, February 22, 2009

3 Sunday Notes ....... 2 Cute PICS



I will seldom spotlight an artist's blogsite simply because there are so many wonderful artists in our community and I'd hate to run the risk of slighting anyone. But I did say seldom. About 2 weeks ago, I ran across Pencil Sanity Maria's talent is outstanding....her inspiring story is marvelous. I urge you to visit her.

|I started reading when I was 2 months old. By the time I was 3 months old, I could read "Strained Prunes" on the Gerb
er baby food bottle and know it was time to go into crying fits. Since then, I have read 143, 798 books. I've read everything from War and Peace to Debbie Does China. The cream at the top of my reading experiences consists of works like Michener's "The Source", Follett's "Pillars of the Earth" and Dekker's "Circle Trilogy". When "The Shack" came to Costa Rica in paperback a few months ago, it was $25. Being the cheapskate that I am, I had only one option....I called my sister, Margaret, in Texas and told HER to buy it and send it to me. Loving person with a heart of gold that she is, she did. THE SHACK is the most moving, compelling, book I have ever read. It is one that I will reread...over and over...and wear out a highlighter or two on. If everyone in the world would read "The Shack" with an open mind and an open heart, then world tension would decrease 87% and inner tension would almost disappear. I recommend it immensely.


As much as I enjoy and admire puppies and kitties and all the paintings derived from those two subjects....I have a soft spot in my heart almost as big as the soft spot in my head for CHILDREN. Adebanji's rendition of DSFDF's Victorian challenge was awesome. And Dominique Eichi's "The Look" blog of Feb. 20 is absolutely fantastic. On March First I will post pictures of 3 children on Windows to the Words. I am inviting all artists to pick a child and paint or draw that child and send it in. I am often overwhelmed at the talent that flows from the DSFDF project. With the basic qualities of LOVE, INNOCENCE and WONDER inherent in children as the basis for artwork, I can't wait to see what may flow from this Children WTTW project. So PLEASE go to WTTW...read the guidelines...join in...and spread the word.

I'll leave ya with a couple of cute Pics.....have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi James! Thanks for sharing Maria's art, it is gorgeous! I love the puppy pics too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH you are so sweet to spot light my blog. I am blushing and so appreciate all my new reader friends.
    Those two pics are hilarious and are bringing a much needed smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James, I love your comments about the Shack, MAJOR HIGHLIGHTING in mine too. Thanks for your mention of my post "The Look". You are such a delight in this art blog world and your humor is so needed and appreciated. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete